I wasn’t feeling gung-ho about doing one of these, but then Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner set it up so nicely, it seemed a shame not to try. But I reserve the right to leave
some a whole hell of a lot of spaces blank, because my memory isn’t what it used to be.
Number Of Books You Read: 313 including audiobooks. (Yikes! This really shows how addicted I’ve been to computer games. My phone died near the beginning of the year; in 7 days of 2016, including several in which I felt too sick to read much, I’ve read 9 books. I won’t be downloading those games again.)
Number of Re-Reads: 15 (I suspect this will grow in 2016.)
Genre You Read The Most From: Most likely contemporary romance and/or category romance.
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Nonfiction: Neurotribes by Steve Silberman
2015 romance: For Real by Alexis Hall
Backlist romance: Maybe This Time by Joan Kilby. Really a personal choice, because I loved the treatment of post-partum depression in a heroine so much.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Winter Oranges by Marie Sexton. Such an evocative cover and premise, but I found it very unconvincing as a fantasy, because the emotions of the characters seemed so unrelated to what was going on. I don’t know how it scored so many rave reviews.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
For Real, for reals. I hated the cover (sorry Alexis!) and wasn’t particularly interested in the plot.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t really push books much. I know I sparked some interest in Whose Baby? by Janice Kay Johnson, but I don’t know if it led anywhere.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series: In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish. Really looking forward to more about the other characters.
Best sequel — or really, prequel: A Midnight Clear by Emma Barry and Genevieve Turner. Loved the setting and the characters.
Best series ender: Hero of my Heart by Teresa Hill. (I assume this is the series end.)
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Janice Kay Johnson
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Forbidden by Charlotte Stein
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Dunno, but most likely a Harlequin Presents. 🙂
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertallii
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Henry Page from the “Playing the Fool” series by Lisa Henry and J.A. Rock
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Monk Downstairs by Tim Farrigton; I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Without question, Neurotrotibes.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I realized far, far too late that I can’t imagine God ever creating a man like this, and then making it a sin to love him.
From Lead Me Not by Anne Gallagher.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest is probably one of the “Shadowhunter Academy” ebooks. Longest is probably Neurotribes.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Fairest by Marissa Mayer; I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
What is the opposite of a OTP? I hate hate hate Simon and Isabelle (“The Mortal Instruments”) together. I think they just got paired off because they were leftover and I don’t think they suit at all.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Rex from In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Quite a few, but notably Fairest by Marissa Mayer.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Sharing Space by Nina Perez.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Fairest by Marissa Mayer
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
First look at Blue-Eyed Stranger at Heroes and Heartbreakers.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Also at Heroes and Heartbreakers — the piece on love and ownership in Madeline Hunter’s medievals.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I know I’ve done some fun stuff on twitter, but it all completely escapes me. 😦
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
All the support I got after leaving Dear Author.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Being too depressed to read or blog.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
All the meta posts about disclosure. 😦
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
None, this year, which is kind of nice. Though also reflects that I haven’t been blogging that much, I guess.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the TBR challenge every month, and I believe kept to my personal rules each time!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Listen to the Moon by Rose Lerner. (This is technically a 2016 release, but I had an early ARC.)
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The next book in the Diviners series by Libba Bray.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I don’t know of any.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. I think this is the end of the series, and I’m waiting to catch up when it’s all done.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
To read and write for fun and only do as much as I feel like doing.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Haven’t read any yet.